The boy and the cycle

|

And on a peaceful spring morning
A boy skips home to find his parents
Waiting for him, he is ready
for his evening spent with them
To share the love that grows inside him

He thinks, "What a wondrous thing
a family is - even when pain,
even when hatred takes the reigns
like a knight in shining armor
love shines through and breaks the chains."

"What a lucky boy I am
I am the seed that has a chance
I will grow tall and strong and happy
I will be envied through the land."

And he was envied through the land. 

It was a humid summer morning
A boy walks home to find his parents
Working hard, he is ready
for his evening in their presence
Though they don't speak, he knows they care

He thinks, "What a complex thing
a family is - though sometimes hate
may cloud your mind, they wait
They let the storm pass and reunite
at the end of every rainbow."

"What an able boy I am
I am a seed like all the others
I may one day be colossal
and live happily with my kind."

And he lived happily with his kind.

It was a stormy autumn morning
A boy runs home to find his parents
Arguing, and he is ready
for another evening alone
To find excitement by himself

He thinks, "What a strange thing
a family is - while it may create
a firm foundation, you can't
ever build your life on it
for hate will tear it apart."

"What a lonely boy I am
I am a seed without a purpose
I may not ever even sprout
I will be mocked for who I am."

And he was mocked for who he was.

It was a bitter winter morning
A boy sulks home to find his home
empty, he is happy
For he can dream of fear
and lock his heart away

He thinks, "What a pointless thing
a family is - for love is simply
a mirage found in the desert
It does not create, it merely
harms those who might trust it."

"What an atrocious boy I am
I am the poison in the soil
If I must destroy all that is good
I will do it with a smile."

And he did it with a smile.

0 comments: